How To Make Sure Your Home Is Safe While On Vacation
Every family wants to enjoy their holiday at a beautiful and scenic place without the stress or worries of life back home. Newly married couples also want to enjoy their honeymoon together without stress. Something that no one wants to return to is a home which has been burglarized or vandalized. Some of the more “career criminal” thieves know that when a family, couple or homeowner has left the city or country, is the perfect time to strike. Phoenix has a property crime rate about 30% higher than that of the US average, but you don’t need to be a victim. Follow the steps below and you can protect your home while enjoying a relaxing, stress-free vacation.
Of course, staying at home 24 hours a day, 365 days a year is not a feasible solution. You need to look at other possibilities. We here at Phoenix Home guard have came up with some tips advice that you can put into action to ensure the safety of your home while you enjoy your holiday abroad.
The Best Way To Protect Your Home
The best solution is to make your home a sealed safe, where unauthorized entry is as difficult as breaking into the Pentagon. Security companies in Phoenix can assist you in safeguarding your home against these career criminals and opportunistic burglars. A security alarm is essential. Without an alarm there is absolutely nothing to stop or deter a thief from breaking and entering. Don’t leave home without it.
Security systems include surveillance cameras, burglar alarms, and motion sensors. Ideally, you need to have all of these installed. A professional company like us, Phoenix Home Guard, can install the entire system for you and have it customized to your needs. When a thief sees the alarm, cameras, security stickers etc. They are going to be deterred. Most opportune thieves won’t even try. If you have a great security system in place then, even if they did try there would be enough monitoring and reaction from our end that the appropriate authorities would be notified immediately and be on scene to apprehend the criminal.
Outsmart the burglars
There have been a few situations in which home alarm systems in Phoenix were completely hacked by the burglars. If a determined and desperate thief knows you’re not at home he/she may use that opportunity to break in So here are techniques you can use to give the illusion that your home is lived in.
- A rather simple one is to have someone trustworthy housesit.
- Hire someone or have a neighbor take care of your lawn. If it starts to look a bit overgrown it’s a sure sign that the homeowners have been away for a while.
- A car that’s parked out the front in the same spot for a week or more collecting dust is another sure sign that the homeowners are out. Have a friend or neighbor move it once in a while or just lend it to them if they have the insurance.
- Ask your neighbors to collect your mail. If it starts to build up, then again thieves will know you aren’t home.
- Use timer plugs to turn on things in your house like lights and the TV. This will give the illusion that someone is home.
- Make sure that all valuables are either locked away in a safe or out of view. This will help remove any temptation or motivation for the burglar.
By using a quality security system, like those from Phoenix Home Guard, you are able to deter opportunistic burglars and have a system in place that should they enter the alarms will sound and the property authorities will be notified and make their way rapidly to your home. By using the other tips above, you can give the illusion that your home is currently lived in which would greatly reduce the chances of your home being targeted since most criminals are look for an easy score.
If you would like to know more about our security systems or have any questions then please get in touch.